It started in around May 1996 when Andreas Kempf a.k.a. “Amalesh” started to scan some of his flyers and uploaded them to an AOL Server as the very first version of this webpage. He also entered party infos as HTML code manually.
Inserting everything by hand became tedious after a while. One year later he began a new job as a web-developer at a cool online company. The very first database driven version of this site was realized with PHP/FI and Solid.
Since July 1997 this site has been hosted on his domain www.goatrance.de – the idea being to create a kind of community for party people.
All content at the site comes from the visitors, except for news regarding the site – which is written by Amalesh.
The parties and the people who go to them are the focus of goabase. Anybody who organises or knows about a party can add it there.
The rest (which is the bulk of it!) is entered by visitors and members using the meeting point, lifts & travel, the party reports, uploaded party photos etc.
Sometimes the moderators and Amalesh have to clean the database and delete rubbish left by disrespectful users, but this is surprisingly rare.
- Recent world wide Goa parties with line-up, location, flyer and details
- Bilingual: English and german version – translates the current page if switched
- Party search: DJs, live acts, town and country
- The weekly party newsletter gives a bulletin of new parties from the preferred country
- The personal party timer lists all remarked parties
- An user can subscribe via a double opt-in email system to the member area which allows
- partytimer – all remarked parties by the member are saved as a personal party diary
- other members can see the partytimer and arrange meetings
- send and receive messages with other members
- Meeting-Point for every party for announcments and discussion
- Lifts and travel to to request or offer to provide lifts
- After the party is over:photos, reports, feedback und votes can be submitted
- Huge flyer collection with thumbnail and full view
- Submit of new parties with flyer upload and password-save (for later editing) formular
- And other goodies like linkbase, guestbook and forums